OpenWrt One - celebrating 20 years of OpenWrt

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 08:50:05 PST 2024

tee-hee. For the record, I would prefer less (and less buggy) offloads
than offloads, and to work on scaling software better to multi-cores.

I also would love to find a chip where fq_codel could be offloaded,
but with open source for the offload, since the nss drivers are
slightly broken...

I also would like a pony.

On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 11:40 AM Chuanhong Guo <gch981213 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 12:23 AM Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, interesting. Is it enough to give it the necessary performance boost
> > when doing NAT ? Is it capable of doing it on the chip or does it do on
> > the CPU ? Reading about it seems to be a software thing although seems
> > there are hardware capable devices as well. How comparable is this to a
> > chip that has NAT offload capability ?
>
> MT7981 is such a chip with NAT offload capability, and the
> flow-offload driver mentioned in other threads is actually
> a driver for this hardware block.
> Since it's a cost-down MT7986 I would imagine this particular
> feature is the same between them:
>
> HW NAT
> − Etherent/WiFi
> − Wired speed
> − IPv4 routing, NAT, NAPT
> − IPv6 routing, DS-Lite, 6RD
>
> --
> Regards,
> Chuanhong Guo

40 years of net history, a couple songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9RGX6QFm5E
Dave Täht CSO, LibreQos