OpenWrt One - celebrating 20 years of OpenWrt

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Wed Jan 17 09:14:56 PST 2024

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 05:47:26PM +0100, John Crispin wrote:

> On 17.01.24 17:46, Janusz Dziedzic wrote:
> > Do you think I can use m.2 A->M converter here and use wifi mt7916 A+E
> > (6GHz) instead of NVMe?
> > Eg.https://kamami.pl/akcesoria-do-raspberry-pi/587051-m2-m-key-to-m2-a-key-adapter-m2-m-key-do-m2-a-key.html
> > Will that work?
>
> so the theory but we wont know until we try.

I've tried that on BPi-R3 with MT7921K module, and that worked
fine. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work on a very similar
MediaTek SoC -- we just need to make sure the power budget of the
M.2 slot is enough for even WiFi modules more power hungry than
MT7921K (I assume MT7916E wants quite a bit more juice).