OpenWrt One - celebrating 20 years of OpenWrt

Paul D newtwen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 13:38:37 PST 2024

On 2024-02-26 19:39, John Crispin wrote:
> Hi Rafał,
>
>> Is there any update / schedule you could share?
> I have been meaning to send an update for a few days. Thanks for
> reminding me.
>>
>> I'm really looking forward to this device.
> yeah, me too ;)
>

> Lots of stuff has been happening. There was a short break due to the
> lunar new year but we are picking up pace again.
>
> *) schematics are done
> *) PCB is mostly routed (https://nbd.name/one-top.jpg
> https://nbd.name/one-bottom.png)

If there is no price difference, can we have 90 degree angled pins for
GND+TX+RX serial header, so the pins face away from the board as USB
sockets do, and not stand up perpendicularly.

This way serial consoles are workable even when device is in a case.

Does anyone else have opinions on this?

> *) there was a small hiccup in registering the OUI block that we are
> currently resolving
> *) the trademark agreement is being worked on - I have a call with SFC
> tomorrow to discuss this
>
> I am expecting that the first 15 PCBA samples will be produced shortly
> and be shipped by end of march.
>
> as for the software side, I modified a mt7981 RFB to have  dual flash,
> mikrobus, .... s.T. I could build and test dts files. I ordered the RTC
> used on a carrier board and was able to test it.
>
> all the u-boot patches are pretty much done. there is a pretty elaborate
> uboot-env with lots of commands to provide easy un-brickability.
>
> I have a local OpenWrt tree with ~10 patches that I hope to send as a
> RFC later this week.
>
> the PCB will probably be light blue (PANTONE 306 C) which is the light
> blue used inside the OpenWrt logo. we are still figuring this out with
> the supplier.

In 20 years when these devices are old and need recycling, how
recyclable are the PCBs? What substances go into it? Toxic ones?