procd, possible hotplug issue?

e9hack e9hack at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 13:55:09 PST 2024

Hi,

I face a problem with hotplug calls. To execute hotplug calls, procd
checks given environment variables. If a variable is empty, it is
simply not set by procd. If such a variable is already set by the
shell, the called hotplug script gets a wrong value. This occurs with
dhcp hotplug scripts. On some dhcp changes, dnsmasq executes its dhcp
script. This sets the variable HOSTNAME. Sometimes this value is
empty. This results in calling the hotplug script with HOSTNAME set to
the router name, because the variable is already set. I think, procd
must clear or delete such environment variables.

Regards,
Hartmut