packet captures of sony's new 80Mbit service?

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Oct 11 15:20:37 PDT 2023

Hi Mark,

> On Oct 11, 2023, at 21:05, Mark Thurston <mark at mdvthu.com> wrote:
>
> ---- On Wed, 11 Oct 2023 18:04:41 +0100  Dave Taht  wrote ---
>> Anyone got a ps4 or ps5 and can take a packet capture at their router?
>> Dying to know if it is cubic or bbr in particular
>>

> Sorry if this is a silly comment but will all traffic not be encrypted?

	[SM] Yes, likely it will be.

> Unless you've changed the certs on the PS, surely it won't be easy to do MITM packet analysis of the content, only analysis of the approximate size?

	[SM] I guess the first question really is, is the data rate going to be constant or variable and what rate will be measurable on average... and will the quality be noticeably better. After all few users will pick an 80 Mbps service unless that is noticeably better than a 25 mbps service... I can hardly notice the difference between 1K and 4K resolution (on a 43inch display at 2-3 meter distance) so I would likely not notice or care, but I am not the core audience anyway ;)

Regards
	Sebatian