Adding a new x86 image or related packages to the default x86 image

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Mon Nov 13 04:30:10 PST 2023

Hi all,

How about we follow the approach of Alpine Linux[1] and offer a standard, an extended and a virtual firmware for the x86/64 target?

What packages specifically is another discussion but the approach could be that standard contains all kmods to get network working on all device, extended includes extra LED drivers etc and virtual only contains network drivers for, well, virtual things.

Best,
Paul

[1]: https://alpinelinux.org/downloads/