Packages buildbot is erratic, both master and 23.05 packages fail often

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Thu Jun 1 22:43:56 PDT 2023

Thibaut <hacks at slashdirt.org> [2023-06-01 18:21:22]:

Hi,

> > There has been many timeouts of "3600 seconds without output" in master,
>
> These look like connectivity issues.

I'm not sure, as there is a keep alive going on between master/worker so
master would remove the worker quite sooner due to keep alive response
timeout, wouldn't it? Putting asside some buildbot bugs of course.

Workers osuosl-dock-09,10,11,12 are on one build host and
osuosl-dock-05,06,07,08 are on the second build host, wouldn't they have same
connectivity issues at the same time?

I'm not saying it's not possible, there has been similar network issues in the
past, so it might be it.

> > and quite too many "out of space" errors in the 23.05 packages buildbot.
>
> 23.05 package builders are nearly all out of space, possibly due to accumulated cruft in dl dir.

from the quick look it seems like Rust has increased the disk space
requirements in shared work directory.

Cheers,

Petr