Buildbot infrastructure update

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Fri Dec 22 00:47:46 PST 2023

Hi,

I would like to let you know, that we've prepared upgrade of the Buildbot
based infrastructure and there is a plan to make those changes alive.

We would like to bump master and workers in the upcoming days to the
containers having following changes:

    prod: bump buildworker container to buildbot v3.9.0 and v10 tag[1]

    Changes since v9:

     * phase2: remove unused git_ssh plumbing
     * scripts: remove unused expire.sh
     * phase2: remove unused tree_expire option and steps
     * phase2: rsync: use --size-only instead of --checksum for sourceupload
     * phase2: use sha2rsync.pl for 'targetupload'
     * phase2: compute checksums
     * phase2: reduce verbosity of rsync and use rsync.sh helper
     * phase2: don't enable rsync compression where unnecessary
     * phase2: regroup common rsync options and add timeout
     * phase2: report ccache stats at end of build
     * Revert "phase2: use full git history for reproducibility"
     * phase2: use Interpolate instead of WithProperties
     * phase2: s/SetProperty/SetPropertyFromCommand/
     * phase2: do not exceed nproc build concurrency
     * phase2: remove unused 'other_builds' property
     * phase1: treat all branches equally for building
     * phase1: raise priority of tag builds
     * docker,worker: install zstd

While at at we're going to decomission the current buildbot master server:

 builds-01.infra.openwrt.org has address 136.243.8.135
 builds-01.infra.openwrt.org has IPv6 address 2a01:4f8:211:2206::2

and switch to the new one:

 builds-06.infra.openwrt.org has address 65.109.91.159
 builds-06.infra.openwrt.org has IPv6 address 2a01:4f9:3051:45d6::2

by changing the DNS records, so some glitches here and there are expected.

1. https://github.com/openwrt/buildbot/releases/tag/v10

Cheers,

Petr