[OpenWrt-Devel] add support for netgear R6020

mail at adrianschmutzler.de mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Fri May 29 05:41:18 EDT 2020

Hi,

in addition to what Stijn stated, a had a quick look and can give you some pointers right away:

- Please add an SPDX license identifier to the DTS

> memory at 0

Drop this node, memory is auto-detected.

>	gpio-keys-polled {
>		compatible = "gpio-keys-polled";
>		poll-interval = <20>;

Node should be called "keys". Please use "gpio-keys" for the compatible instead and drop poll-interval.

> gpio-leds

Node should be called "leds".

> spi-max-frequency = <10000000>;

Typically, frequency can be raised with substantial gains in read speed.

> mediatek,mtd-eeprom = <&factory 0x20000>;

The partition is only 0x20000 big. I assume the default 0x0 from the DTSI will work here?

> mtd-mac-address = <&nvram 0x100b0>;

Are these necessary, or will the address be correct if you just drop them?

Despite, can you please check whether there are addresses in factory 0x28, 0x2e, 0xe000, 0xe006, 0x4, 0x8004?

Which addresses are assigned on OEM firmware (lan, wan, 2g, 5g)?

> define Device/netgear_r6020

Please insert so alphabetic sorting is maintained.

> DEVICE_TITLE := Netgear AC750 R6020

Please use DEVICE_VENDOR/DEVICE_MODEL.

I assume proper naming would be "Netgear R6020 (AC750)"? One could also use the DEVICE_ALT0_MODEL syntax here ...

> check-size $$$$(IMAGE_SIZE)

check-size works without argument now.

> ucidef_set_led_wlan "wlan2g" "WiFi 2.4GHz" "$boardname:green:wlan2g" "phy0tpt"

Please use a DTS trigger instead (for both 2g and 5g).

> In 02_network

The case can be merged with the subsequent one.

> Stijn: If you'd like, you can create a new PR on Github (no idea how devs feel if the original PR is still open and languishing) - see [1].

The old PR has been closed quite some time ago due to inactivity. If there is new progress now, it would be fine to just open a new PR by the "new author".

Best

Adrian