[OpenWrt-Devel] How am I supposed to change settings in /etc/config/network of default root file system of OpenWRT?

Jeonghum Joh oosaprogrammer at gmail.com
Tue May 19 02:30:31 EDT 2020

Hello  Moritz Warning and people,

I found a script which looks like something that generate
/etc/config/network. It is "99-default_network"
under package/base-files/files/etc/board.d.

Let me post the content of it here :

#!/bin/sh
> #
> # Copyright (C) 2013-2015 OpenWrt.org
> #
> . /lib/functions/uci-defaults.sh
> board_config_update
> json_is_a network object && exit 0
> ucidef_set_interface_lan 'eth0'
> [ -d /sys/class/net/eth1 ] && ucidef_set_interface_wan 'eth1'
> board_config_flush
> exit 0

The content of /etc/config/network is shown below :

config interface 'lan'
        option type 'bridge'
        option ifname 'eth0'
        option proto 'static'
        option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
        option netmask '255.255.255.0'
        option ip6assign '60'

config interface 'wan'
        option ifname 'eth1'
        option proto 'dhcp'

config interface 'wan6'
        option ifname 'eth1'
        option proto 'dhcpv6'

So I guessed  above of 99-default_network generates above of
/etc/config/network

I need to add something like below to /etc/config/network :

config interface 'wwan'
        option ifname 'usb0'
        option proto 'dhcp'

So I added something like below to
package/base-files/files/etc/board.d/99-default_network :

  ucidef_set_interface_lan 'eth0'
  [ -d /sys/class/net/eth1 ] && ucidef_set_interface_wan 'eth1'
+[ -d /sys/class/net/usb0 ] && ucidef_set_interface_wan 'usb0'

But this didn't resolve my problem.

I think I can just make some commands into startup script.
Isn't there more grace approach for me to automatically add usb0 interface
into /etc/config/network?

Thank you in advance.
Jeonghum

2020년 5월 19일 (화) 오후 12:57, Jeonghum Joh <oosaprogrammer at gmail.com>님이 작성: