[OpenWrt-Devel] Ubus based service watchdog?

Karl Palsson karlp at tweak.net.au
Mon May 18 08:14:01 EDT 2020

Michael Jones <mike at meshplusplus.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 4:35 AM Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz>
> wrote:
>
> > Michael Jones <mike at meshplusplus.com> [2020-05-15 02:39:52]:
> >
> > > What's wrong with monit is that it's documentation is gigantic
> >
> > Good documentation with a lot of examples is hardly a problem, its a bonus
> > point for me.
> >

> I think you misunderstood.
>
> Monit has a massive feature surface. I'm not even going to
> consider it, it goes far far beyond the level of capability
> that's appropriate for my use case.

fwiw, I've been using monit for exactly the sort of "my processes
are important, my code is not perfect, and things should get
restarted" since before procd even had process restarting. It
_just works_ and has been a major help. I'm sure procd could be
expanded with some basic pieces, sure, but where does it end?
monit works right now, and has been tested and used by a large
cast.

Sincerely,
Karl Palsson