[OpenWrt-Devel] Is 18.06 packages buildbot intentionally offline?

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Sun May 17 10:19:49 EDT 2020

Petr Štetiar kirjoitti 17.5.2020 klo 16.58:
> Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at iki.fi> [2020-05-16 11:46:55]:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Apparently the openwrt-18.06 packages buildbot has been offline three weeks,
>> since 22 April 2020:
>>
>> http://buildbot.openwrt.org/openwrt-18.06/packages/one_line_per_build
>>
>> Is that intentional?
> yep, because somewhere at that time we've suddenly lost 16 OSUOSL buildslaves
> and I've moved those two buildslaves to 19.07 packages and master images as
> there wasnt any buildslave active at that time.

Thanks for info.

>> There has been some talk about 18.06.3 it seems strange that the packages
>> buildbt would be intentionally offline for several weeks.
> AFAIK release means firmware images, packages can be upgraded anytime, so the
> release tagging doesn't have any influence on the packages.

Sure, no direct connection to the release compilation. But as users will
likely reinstall packages after flashing a new maintenance release, it would
be great to have the updated packages there for them. There have been some
changes during the last weeks even in the mainly static 18.06 package feeds
(although to not that many packages).