[OpenWrt-Devel] Dumb Wi-Fi client

Enrico Mioso mrkiko.rs at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 17:03:22 EDT 2020

hello Bjorn,
hello all!!

I would like to use an Archer C60 as a dumb Wi-Fi client. In particular, I would like to:
- be able to connect to the WAN port of tthe ethernet switch to access the LAN network to which the router is connectes as a client, directly
	e.g.: when I do dhcp o n WAN, the oruter does DHCP on the wlan network
- connect to the LAN ports of the device to talk to the device itself.

The router has both 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ radios, and I would like to be able to use both transparently (e.g.: it should just work, connecting with the right one, or both).

If possible then, i would like to be able to connect to multiple known networks, but this is optional.

Can you give me some hints on a good setup? Or may I just use wireless client and let the device do the NAT?

Sorry Bjorn for the direct CC but I know you experienced with ath79 snapshots.... and maybe DS, if applicable in this case...