[OpenWrt-Devel] Kernel version for OpenWrt 20.X

mail at adrianschmutzler.de mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Sun Jan 5 08:43:37 EST 2020

> > > Since there was no response of any kind from a third party, I've
> > > just
> > marked the two patchsets as "Deferred" in the patchwork, so we get a
> > little more overview there. I hope that's okay for you.
> >
> > Yes fine with me, we should probably drop these targets soon.
> >
> > Hauke
>
> I think it's time to remove the three targets and kernel 4.9 support as well
> after the release has been made. Or does keeping kernel 4.9 in master (even
> without targets) make it easier to support 18.06 branch?

I've prepared a staging branch for that (completely untested at the moment):
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/adrian.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/remove49

For orion, I have some grep matches in uboot-kirkwood and kernel/linux/modules/usb.mk I'm not sure about, so I haven't touched those yet.

Best

Adrian