[OpenWrt-Devel] Upgrading LEDE to 19.07

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sat Apr 25 14:02:20 EDT 2020

Am 25.04.2020 um 19:54 schrieb Rosen Penev:

Hi

>> So, I have a "TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1" running OpenWRT 17.01.4.
>> I'd like to update it to 19.07, but I read on
>> https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_tl-wr1043nd_v1 that my
>> WLAN-Switch is "discontinued"...
> Never heard of this. Mine works fine.

If you read in the page I posted, the device is marked as "discontinued"...
My Switch works fine, too, but I'd like to upgrade to 19.07, if possible...
Which version of OpenWRT runs on your Switch?

> The RAM is the bigger problem. There’s no good way around it. swap is not really an answer.

Of course, swap is not the solution...
I must say, that in my WLANs I really don't have many clients...
Actually 7 devices...
Would my device run with 19.07 or should I better remain on 17.01?

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)