[OpenWrt-Devel] Upgrading LEDE to 19.07

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sat Apr 25 13:46:50 EDT 2020

Hi list!

I'm not sure, I'm asking to right list, but I didn't found any other
list about OpenWRT I can ask...

So, I have a "TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1" running OpenWRT 17.01.4.
I'd like to update it to 19.07, but I read on
https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_tl-wr1043nd_v1 that my
WLAN-Switch is "discontinued"...

If I undestand correct, I can upgrade to 19.07, but it will be the last
version I can get, is it right?
If so, it would be not a big problem right now, since I can update it
and in future search for a new Switch to install a future version of
OpenWRT...
But the very question is, if 19.07 runs correctly on my device...
I'll expand the FileSystem using an USB-Switch, as I already done in the
past with an old version of OpenWRT (after the update to LEDE the system
didn't use the USB-Stick anymore...). Will it be possible with 19.07, too?

Thank you for your help
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)