[OpenWrt-Devel] [ramips]:3 dependent patches for mt7620a_cameo-810 - howto roll out for testing

Heppler, J. Scott shep971 at centurylink.net
Fri Apr 10 12:27:08 EDT 2020

With forum help from @123serge123 the trendnet:internet:green gpio was
enabled and added to a *dts and 01_leds.  It is highly likely that this
change will work for the D-Link DIR-810L.  Both the Trendnet and the
D-Link use a Cameo based board with the same cpu, spi flash and ram
chips.  They have Identical LED's.  The led change does away with the
need for an LAN4 NIC, mimics OEM and is configurable.

I could roll out a cameo-810.dtsi patch, with led fix, followed by
adding Trendnet support but this bypasses DIR-810 testing prior to
committing.  If DIR-810 testers reject the led change, I would, barring
any major issues, keep it for the Trendnet which would modify the
dts/dtsi changes.

Alternatively, a patch for the DIR-810L/led for testing.  If tests OK,
cameo-810.dtsi, followed by adding Trendnet support.  Alternatively
could combine the dtsi patch with adding Trendnet support.

Preference?
--
J. Scott Heppler