[OpenWrt-Devel] Configuration management for OpenWrt

Joel Wirāmu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Wed Apr 8 17:22:58 EDT 2020

Ansible doesn't require or need python on targets. In fact it's one of it's
biggest selling points and why over a 3rd of modules are network device
centric.

There is a UCI module for openwrt:

https://github.com/lefant/ansible-openwrt-uci

I tend to redeploy images/snapshots to VM's and then run opkg via ansible
or scripts and copy over config files.

-Joel