[OpenWrt-Devel] QCA9994 outdoor 13km link

support at maxnet.al support at maxnet.al
Wed Sep 25 09:49:39 EDT 2019

Hello,
Today i managed to connect the station wds at 80MHz channel. Signal is -56 and i have very low datarates. I have attached a photo.
 When station was ddwrt and AP openwrt the datarates were 866/433. TX won't do more than VHT-NSS 1 although RX it's not good either because it's a 4 chain radio and it should do VHT-NSS4.
Thank you,Klevis

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 6:36 PM +0200, "Ben Greear" <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:

Weeks or months or whenever I have time, and maybe sooner if someone
wants to sponsor it.  Please understand I, and probably everyone else working
on OpenWRT, am busy with lots of other projects and community work often
gets pushed to the back burner.

Thanks,
Ben

On 9/23/19 8:18 AM, support at maxnet.al wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> When do you think you might be able to make those changes to your driver?
>
> Thanks,
> Klevis.
>

> On 2019-09-20 13:00, Ben Greear wrote:
>> On 9/20/19 12:55 PM, Vincent Wiemann wrote:
>>> Hi Klevis,
>>>
>>> have you tried it with a short distance?
>>> If you did you should better ask Ben Greear directly.
>>
>> I asked him to post publicly so that others can help answer and that
>> my own answers might
>> help someone else.
>>
>> I have some patches that should enable coverage class settings for
>> wave-2, but I am too busy
>> with other things right now to port them to my ath10k-ct driver/firmware.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>

>>> By the way ath10k gen 2 chipsets don't work very well with long distance links without a
>>> special feature which implementation is only available to companies like Ubiquiti and very few
>>> people who have an own reverse-engineered implementation.
>>> It works on IPQ401X, QCA9886 and QCA9888 based chips only.
>>>
>>> And it is not possible to set a coverage class for gen 2 devices, yet as far as I know due to missing
>>> documentation and implementation (correct me if that information is outdated).
>>> Furthermore a high channel width often results in problems
>>> due to lower receiver sensibility.
>>> We have better experiences with lower channel widths and sometimes get more throughput with that.
>>>
>>> Actually I think this does not explain your connection issues as 13 km is not that much.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Vincent Wiemann

Ben Greear