[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.07 release schedule ?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Oct 11 06:35:26 EDT 2019

Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at welho.com> writes:

> Has the actual release timetable been discussed? When could we expect
> first official release builds?

... more than a month ago. And we're as wise as before.

Referring to https://openwrt.org/about , I can sort of understand that
the

  "Make regular, predictable release cycles coupled with community
   provided device testing feedback."

goal is tough.  It is very ambitious.  Maybe too ambitious?

But I do not understand the lack of transparancy around the release
process. The third goal should be achievable with little effort:

   "Establish transparent decision processes with broad community
    participation and public meetings."

The OpenWrt project has so far failed to provide any timetable, release
critical bug list, release goals or any other insight into the release
process.  AFAICS, that is.  Please prove me wrong by pointing me in the
right direction.

Or: Start discussing the release blockers here and now.  Thanks.

Bjørn