[OpenWrt-Devel] troubleshooting kernel bump from 4.14 to 4.19 causing userspace crash with libgcc_s.so.1 missing

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Mon Oct 7 19:43:47 EDT 2019

Greetings,

I'm trying to bump the octeontx kernel from 4.14 to 4.19 which it
seems should be trivial but I keep ending up with userspace failing
with:

[    7.080332] Run /init as init process
Error loading shared library libgcc_s.so.1: No such file or directory
(needed by /init)
[    7.120297] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
exitcode=0x00007f00

I'm using the simplest config I can think of which is:
CONFIG_TARGET_octeontx=y
CONFIG_TARGET_ROOTFS_INITRAMFS=y

after building build_dir/target-aarch64_generic_musl/root-octeontx/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
is present

I'm guessing this is a kernel configuration issue but I'm not clear
what it could be. Comparing the bootup with the same configuration
using 4.14 looks pretty much the same and nothing glaring popped out
at me.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Tim