[OpenWrt-Devel] dnsmasq not leasing after a while. Sometimes more than 5 times a day

Denis Periša darkman.hr at gmail.com
Mon May 27 04:43:47 PDT 2019

Hi all,

This "bug" is following me for some time now.. a year at least. I'm hoping
day after day that someone might find reason and fix it. I've set a script
that checks dnsmasq and restarts it.

-->
         if ! ( dhcping -q -h 00:99:99:99:99:99 -s 10.0.0.1 ) #Jos jedna
provjera
                        then
                                echo "DEAD dnsmasq! - `date` " >>
/scripts/CRASH.log
                                killall dnsmasq
                                sleep 2
                                dnsmasq;

two checks to be sure... and I get a lot of restart messages. different
nodes.
I run this via cron every half hour.

Anyone have similar problem?