[OpenWrt-Devel] New ath10k-ct firmware and driver available
greearb at candelatech.com
Wed May 8 14:39:15 PDT 2019
Here are recent release notes:
* April 2, 2019: Support some get/set API for eeprom rate power tables. Mostly
backported from 10.2
* April 2, 2019: Support adaptive-CCA, backported from 10.2
* April 3, 2019: Support adding eeprom configAddr pairs via the set-special API.
These configAddrs can be used to change the default register settings
for up to 12 registers.
* May 3, 2019: Fix tx-power settings for 2x2, 3x3 rates. Original logic I put in back in
2016 set 2x2 and 3x3 lower than the needed to be when using most NICs (very
high powered NICs would not have been affected I think, not sure any of those
exist though.) This improves throughput for 2x2 and 3x3 devices,
especially when the signal is weaker.
* April 8, 2019: When setting keys, if high bit of high value of key_rsc_counter is set to 0x1,
then the lower 48 bits will be used as the PN value. By default, PN is set to
1 each time the key is set.
* April 8, 2019: Pack PN into un-used 'excretries' aka 'num_pkt_loss_excess_retry' high
16 bits. This lets us report peer PN, but *only* if driver has previously
set a PN when setting key (or set-special cmd is used to enable PN reporting).
This is done so that we know the driver is recent
enough to deal with the PN stat reporting.
* April 16, 2019: Support specifying tx rate on a per-beacon packet.
See ath10k_wmi_op_gen_beacon_dma and ath10k_convert_hw_rate_to_rate_info
for API details. Driver needs additional work to actually enable this
* April 30, 2019 Compile out tx-prefetch caching logic. It is full of tricky bugs that cause
tx hangs. I fixed at least one, but more remain and I have wasted too much
time on this already.
* May 8, 2019 Start rate-ctrl at mcs-3 instead of mcs-5. This significantly helps DHCP happen
quickly, probably because the initial rate being too high would take a while to
ramp down, especially since there are few packets sent by the time DHCP needs to
start. This bug was triggered by me decreasing retries of 0x1e (upstream default)
to 0x4. But, I think it is better to start with lower initial MCS instead
of always having a very high retry count.
commit f98b6dc4d27ea2d79a1577285d1d5cb0641b3eb4 (HEAD -> master, origin/master)
Author: Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>
Date: Wed May 8 13:46:51 2019 -0700
ath10k-ct: Fix printing PN in peer stats.
Previous logic was incorrect. Also add set-special API to enable
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>
Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com
More information about the openwrt-devel