[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq: Netgear DM200 kernel too large

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Jan 21 07:01:47 EST 2019

Paul Oranje <por at oranjevos.nl> writes:
>> Op 20 jan. 2019, om 17:52 heeft Thomas Nixon <tom at tomn.co.uk> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>> I could add a new subtarget like xrx200 but with small_flash enabled, but this
>> seems a bit excessive for a single board. The DM200 has generally been a pain
>> to support, and there are better options out there, so I wonder if it makes
>> more sense to just drop it.
>
> Some people use this modem, so dropping its support will not please everybody.
> Supporting it as a small flash device seems the right approach.

I wonder about those better options...  What are they?

The reason I ask is that the DM200 was the only candidate I found when I
recently looked for something suitable as a simple VDSL2 to ethernet
bridge. There are a couple of other lantiq-based devices which could do,
but they all include unwanted radios.  Maybe not a big problem.  But
still.  The DM200 seems unique enough for me to warrant extending the
support, if possible.

The hardware is of course not suitable for much except a DSL bridging
modem, so missing support for more advanced features would not be a
problem.

Bjørn