[OpenWrt-Devel] Preserving configs over sysupgrade on ath79/tiny broken for some boards (on 19.07 and master), possible solutions

Reiner Karlsberg karlsberg at softart-ge.com
Tue Dec 31 10:23:05 EST 2019

Am 31.12.2019 um 21:15 schrieb Paul Fertser:
> Hello gents,

>>> +1
>>>
>>> IMHO this change is way to crucial to have it introduced this short before
>>> the release is built. People who built images for their devices can introduce
>>> 4K sectors to their own images. This way, we do't risk breaking boards.
>>
>> +1
>
> Are any of you using the affected TP-Link boards or ath79/tiny or
> 4 MiB devices in general? What features do you actually pack in them?
> Do you plan to continue doing so past 19.XX release?
>
> If no users speak up probably it's better to remove all the support
> code altogether to avoid wasting maintainers' time on it?

I am supporting lot of smallest/cheapest TP-Links, running custom built current "tiny" image, or even 15.05, heavily
shrinked down for 4MB flash.
No special packages installed, besides wireguard or coova-chilli.

All these devices installed in Asia or South America.
Past 19.xx it seems be to OK to drop support.