[OpenWrt-Devel] mfloat-abi=soft

Christian Lamparter chunkeey at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 10:07:32 EDT 2019

Cc'd: BangLang Huang <banglang.huang at foxmail.com>

On Saturday, April 6, 2019 10:35:48 PM CEST Rosen Penev wrote:
> According to rules.mk, -mfloat-abi=soft is used. This is causing build
> failures with the botan library:
>
> https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/faillogs/armeb_xscale/packages/botan/compile.txt
>
> Is it sensical to change the default to softfp, as the error message suggests?
That's the error:

#error "NEON intrinsics not available with the soft-float ABI.  Please use -mfloat-abi=softp or -mfloat-abi=hard"

I think the best option would be to tell the package to disable neon in this
case, just like ffmpeg is doing already. If you can test:

ifeq ($(CONFIG_SOFT_FLOAT),y)
CONFIGURE_ARGS += --disable-neon
endif

Cheers,