[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.03 plans

Vincent Wiemann vincent.wiemann at ironai.com
Wed Apr 10 03:48:39 EDT 2019

Hi Bjørn, Jo-Philipp, Eric,

all of you are right, I think. I didn't make clear what I'd like to see
OpenWrt achieve. Cuts need to be done when they delay a release too long
or when the reasons are not under the OpenWrt developer's control,
but when there is the chance that someone is getting motivated to do it,
delay it. After a due date, cut it and release the rest with a lack for
a specific feature and other people might get motivated, but that is the
last resort.

Personally I think one release a year is enough, except when there are
critical security issues which deserve an own release, but that is another
topic.

Regards,

Vincent