[OpenWrt-Devel] RFT: ar71xx/mac80211 update

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Mon Sep 24 16:47:00 EDT 2018

On 08/13/2018 05:14 PM, John Crispin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as 19.01 will probably use v4.14 as baseline and ath79 wont be a full
> replacement for ar71xx by then we decided to bump ar71xx to v4.14. This
> is available for testing inside my staging tree ->
>
> https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/blogic.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/staging
>

> The tree also holds an update to mac80211, bumping it to the v4.18 wifi
> drivers. If anyone would like to test ar71xx and/or mac80211, feel free
> to do so.
>
>     John

Hi John,

most of the stuff we need in backports is now already in the upstream git:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/backports/backports.git/log/

Johannes is still waiting for a fix iwlwifi then I will make an
officially tagged backports release of that. I would prefer to use that
in OpenWrt as a base for now. Can we wait with the mac80211 update in
OpenWrt some days. It still makes sense to test the stuff which is your
staging git tree, it should work with kernel 4.9 and 4.14, it still has
a problem with kernel 4.19 which is also fixed upstream backports.

Hauke