[OpenWrt-Devel] 18.06 Bug: Baby Jumbo Frames on mt7621

Mathias Kresin dev at kresin.me
Fri May 25 06:43:48 EDT 2018

> Dear Martin, Mathias and the rest,
>
> Please scratch my previous message. It seems like the flash was not
> successful, and hence I was still running the old firmware. However, I
> have tried flashing 3 different times now, without any luck. The
> router ends up rebooting and boots right into the old firmware. This
> seems to be a major bug. Is there anything I can do to help debug this
> particular issue?

First of all, Martin is right. The commit in my staging tree should
fix the MTU issue but I don't have the hardware to test it on my own.

So far you never mentioned which board you have. Hence it's quite
difficult to have a look at the code about what could be wrong. It
would be helpful if you can name the last working revision to limit
the number of commits to look at.

> Seems like a dealbreaker for 18.06 (which I am
> running now) to me. I could simply use recovery and flash a firmware
> like that, but I would prefer to get to the bottom of this issue so
> that end users won't end up stuck on a particular firmware. Any ideas
> what I could do to debug this?

Your best bet is to attach the/a serial console and check the console
for errors.

Mathias