[OpenWrt-Devel] Second RGMII ethernet on MT7621?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue May 1 06:17:53 EDT 2018

John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> writes:

> making gmac2 work s not trivial with the current driver.

Thanks for confirming.  Then I guess I can just wrap up what I have and
make it public.  Just want to figure out how the LEDs are connected
first. Bootloader initiated blinking patterns are persistent, so I'm
guessing some I2C(?) connected controller.  Or something..

> however making the upstream mtk_eth_soc driver work on mt7621 is
> pretty easy i think and will give you dual gmac support. upstream only
> supports mt7623 arm atm. its been on my todo list for a while but i
> simply have not been able to find the 2-3 days required to make it
> work.

I wish I could help. But I have enough self-insight to realize that it
is way beyond my capabilities, after a quick look at the driver.

Bjørn