[OpenWrt-Devel] Archer C7 v2 with Target System "Atheros ATH79 (DTS)" or "Atheros AR7xxx/AR9xxx"

e9hack e9hack at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:56:54 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm using an Archer C7 v2 from TP-Link. Usually I build the image for Target System "Atheros AR7xxx/AR9xxx". If I switch
over to "Atheros ATH79 (DTS)" and try to update my router, I got the following error message:

root@:~# sysupgrade /tmp/openwrt-ath79-generic-tl-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-sysupgrade-d180627.bin &
root@:~# Device archer-c7 not supported by this image
Supported devices: tplink,tl-archer-c7-v2
Image check 'fwtool_check_image' failed.

Is Target System "Atheros ATH79 (DTS)" for Target Profile "TP-LINK Archer C7 v2" not compatible with Target System
"Atheros AR7xxx/AR9xxx" for the same Target Profile?

Regards,
Hartmut