[OpenWrt-Devel] Arduino support no ttyUSB0 no ttyACM0 :((

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 06:08:20 EDT 2018

On 31/07/2018 10:02, freebsd at tango.lu wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I have got a new WRT 1200 AC running LEDE:
>
> https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/17.01.4/targets/mvebu/generic/
>
> Sadly noticed that the ttyUSB ttyACM support is missing.
>
> Is there an alternate kernel which has these?
>
> If someone precompiled the kernel modul what I can just wget:
>
> Firmware Version    LEDE Reboot 17.01.4 r3560-79f57e422d / LuCI
> lede-17.01 branch (git-17.290.79498-d3f0685)
> Kernel Version    4.4.92
>

> on the router that would be nice although it would be just too easy...
> I really don't want to go DDwrt on this one.
>
> Do you have a vmware/vbox image with all the toolchains to crossbuild
> the kernel and apps for this platform?
>
> Thank you.

To connect an Arduino to your Lede router you need to install
usb-to-serial adapter kernel modules (Linux "drivers"). For most things
you will need to install packages to add functions.

Please install the following packages (with "opkg install" if you are
with terminal or with Luci software page)
kmod-usb-serial kmod-usb-serial-ark3116 kmod-usb-serial-belkin
kmod-usb-serial-ch341 kmod-usb-serial-cp210x kmod-usb-serial-ftdi
kmod-usb-serial-mct kmod-usb-serial-mos7720 kmod-usb-serial-oti6858
kmod-usb-serial-pl2303
kmod-usb-serial-simple kmod-usb-serial-ti-usb

And then plug the Arduino again.

In practice you will probably need only one of these but I don't know
what is the usb-to-serial chip used in your arduino (or clone). They
don't need much space anyway, so install all.

-Alberto