[OpenWrt-Devel] 6rd issues with 18.06-rc2 on ubnt-erx-sfp

Torbjorn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Tue Jul 31 04:29:24 EDT 2018

On 2018-07-31 10:01, Hans Dedecker wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 12:02 AM Torbjorn Jansson
> <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote:
>>
>> On 2018-07-29 22:16, Hans Dedecker wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> You cannot enable both an automatic 6rd interface (wan_6) and a manual
>>> created 6rd interface (wan6); Either remove the manual created 6rd
>>> interface or set iface6rd to 0 in the wan network config which will
>>> disable the automatic creation of the 6rd wan_6 interface
>>>
>>> Hans
>>
>> i'm not sure i get it.
>> where is the auto created 6rd interface that can't be edited coming from if not
>> from the one i created myself?
> The auto created 6rd interface is created by the dhcp script
> (https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=blob;f=package/network/config/netifd/files/lib/netifd/dhcp.script;h=00604f40e70e8ba988bde6af04437d326b5b548a;hb=HEAD#l62)
> in case the 6rd DHCP option is received.
> So it seems your ISP is providing 6rd info via DHCP

oh, i see.
i'm not sure if isp always provided it or if the auto created 6rd interface in
openwrt from dhcp is a new thing.

i know that when i  initially set it up a long time ago i did not get anything
auto created.
i was under the impression my isp considered 6rd to be experimental.

>> the errors stopped once i changed "bring up on boot" on wan6 and ipv6 still
>> works (after reboot) but i don't understand why.
> This confirms my statement above about 6rd info being provided by DHCP
>>
>> the config i'm running with is exactly the same as i had on old version of
>> openwrt/lede and it worked just fine.
>> i guess something is different now.
> Pretty sure nothing has changed recently related to the 6rd logic; I
> guess it's a race condition between the wan_6 and wan6 interface which
> was before not visible
>> if i delete wan6 then I delete all 6rd settings like remote ipv4 address, the
>> ipv6 prefix and so on.
> If the automatic created 6rd interface gives you IPv6 connectivity
> there's no reason to keep the manual created wan6 interface
>
> Hans

i will try to delete it and see what happens.
but first id like to take a look at the dhcp reply i get from my isp.
maybe i can run a tcpdump or something to catch it as it renews.

thanks for explaining.