[OpenWrt-Devel] Modifying & recompiling musl

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 07:33:14 EDT 2018

I had to fix some issue in musl so I edited:
build_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9_gcc-5.4.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/musl-1.1.16/src/time/strptime.c
and started looking for a way to recompile it & rebuilding images.

From what I heard from jow it should be sufficient to:
rm build_dir/toolchain-*/musl/.built
make toolchain/musl/compile V=s
make package/toolchain/{clean,compile} V=s
make V=s
but it didn't work. My images didn't include updated (fixed) libc.so.
That seems to work for Felix from what he said.

Any idea why it doesn't work for me (and bcm53xx target)? What else
may I need to remove/clean?

FWIW following commands helped:
rm build_dir/toolchain-*/musl/.built
rm -R build_dir/target-*/toolchain/
rm -R staging_dir/toolchain-*/
but I think it could be handled with less recompiling.

--
Rafał