[OpenWrt-Devel] Packaging multi-version package (Openwrt Makefile)

Tomer Eliyahu tomereliyahu1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 17:49:57 EDT 2018

Hi,

What is the correct way to package a multi-version application in Openwrt?
We are using git, so each version differs only in the PKG_SOURCE_VERSION.

I initially added a choice to select the package version (out of 3
supported versions) in the package/config section, but this stopped working
once one version had different dependencies (apparently the config section
is called after the DEPENDS section is parsed).

I would very much like to avoid using different package Makefiles, but for
now it looks like the only way.

Help please:)

Thanks,
Tomer