[OpenWrt-Devel] Remove iptables-1.4.21 packages from openwrt

Arjav Parikh parikharjav24 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 00:55:21 EST 2018

Hi,

I want to remove support of iptables from my kernel image. For that I
have disabled its support from menuconfig and when I am trying to
build my kernel image again it shows error related to missing files.

On debugging I identified that even though removing support from
menuconfig it still compiles all the packages present in build_dir
directory. I removed the complete iptables-1.4.21 package from
build_dir as well but it gets copied again from some other directory
and throws the same error.

Kindly guide me how to remove such from being compiled in order to
reduce my kernel image size. As this method will help me to remove
unwanted libraries/packages from kernel.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Arjav Parikh