[OpenWrt-Devel] Booting D-Link DNS-313, kernel requirements for OpenWRT?

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Sun Feb 11 17:56:15 EST 2018

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 11:38 PM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 11:22 PM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij at linaro.org> wrote:
>
> No doubt. Ubus didn't come up because it needs unix domain
> sockets (CONFIG_UNIX).

So I fixed that.

> Please press Enter to activate this console.
>
> There is no console when I press enter though.
> Just goes on:
>
> Please press Enter to activate this console.
> Please press Enter to activate this console.
> Please press Enter to activate this console.

I digged around a bit here.

procd is running fine. It spawns the askconsole action
and properly execve() /sbin/askfirst as we could expect
since the console activation message appears.

However when askfirst tries to execve()
/usr/libexec/login.sh this exits pretty immediately
with exit code 4 (printed from exit callback).

I don't know what gives this exit code 4 on anything
askfirst tries to execute :( or why.

Then askfirst is respawned.

Now I'm starting to feel like I need to recompile all
of openwrt using the kernel v4.16 headers to be sure
it's not some C library weirdness going on...

It's pretty annoying since all other processes seem to
fork and run just fine.

Yours,
Linus Walleij