[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] stop accepting 4/32M board patches

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 03:30:45 EST 2018

On 06/12/2018 23:51, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:

>> But even this may be not needed: For Tp-Link recently was released a
>> mobile app Tether to control a router https://www.tp-link.com/us/tether/
> This would imply both tying OpenWrt to a proprietary app and limiting
> its configuration to whatever settings that happen to be exposed by it -
> this hardly sounds like a viable solution to me.

Having an app or a client application to control things would be cool
though.

I've seen this tutorial to "create" an Android/iOS app with Blynk that
is using a SSH
console to send over commands to the Lua interpreter on the device
(maybe it can be made to work with shell script)

https://www.instructables.com/id/AndroidiOS-App-to-Access-Your-OpenWrt-Router-Remot/

Just in case someone wants to do that.

-Alberto