[OpenWrt-Devel] [remerge] summit meeting notes / roadmap

Noah Meyerhans frodo at morgul.net
Sat Nov 18 10:29:53 EST 2017

Hi John. Thanks for sending this summary and working on the re-merge. I
have a couple of questions based on your summary. I haven't tracked the
remerge effort in detail, so please forgive me if these have already
been covered.

On Tue, Nov 07, 2017 at 09:38:12AM +0100, John Crispin wrote:
> * Mailing-lists
>   There shall be 3 lists. All other lists that existed before/after the
>   reboot shall be shutdown.
>   - #openwrt - all contributions, patches, ideas, ...
>   - #openwrt-announce - new releases, security, ...
>   - #openwrt-org - admin foo

Will there be a mechanism to notify users of security updates that they
may need to apply? Some channel (e.g. a security-announce mailing list)
for sending security advisories seems desirable.

> * get onto the distro security ML
>   - http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/mailing-lists/distros

Will OpenWRT's security support extend to the packages repository? If
so, how will updates and disclosures be coordinated with package
maintainers who may need to be involved in preparing an update?

Thanks
noah