[OpenWrt-Devel] [OpenWrt-Tickets] [OpenWrt] #20685: Weak Wi-Fi signal E1700 (MT7620A)

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Sun Feb 5 10:24:13 EST 2017

Hi Sam,

If this didn't get any better with on recent LEDE builds after commit
https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=commit;h=b367eef21dccbc5115778001955847ac3af47db8
it's most likely the issue is due to missing external PA init in the
rt2x00 driver. I'm currently fixing the most of the obvious problems
with rt2x00 on MT7620, but there are too many to get this done within
a weekend and a kickstarter bounty of EUR 200. External PA currently
isn't on the list of things I give priority to because none of the
boards I've seen are using this feature. Please retry with the current
LEDE build, if that doesn't fix the issue, let me know.

I'll fix external PA if you are willing to help testing on the device
you own and obviously I'd appreciate if you throw something into my
hat for that tedious work on a not-very-well designed wifi chip and
a driver which has grown beyond reasonable size...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1327597961/better-support-for-mt7620a-n-in-openwrt-lede/

Cheers

Daniel