[OpenWrt-Devel] [LEDE-DEV] MT7620A WiFi issue - with a twist!

Weedy weedy2887 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 19:49:22 EST 2017

On 1 February 2017 at 15:29, Jamie Stuart <jamie at onebillion.org> wrote:
> Hello LEDE / OpenWRT devs,
>
> I am requesting your help. First a little background…
> This a known issue with the chipset and seems to have been round for years.
> We are currently building on LEDE trunk and still the issue persists.
>
> We are not driver developers, so my question is whether anyone with
> knowledge can help and provide a proper fix for this issue?

You will probably have the most luck posting a bounty on the linux
wifi mailing list.

Your root problem is picking a platform that basically uses a client
mode tested driver in AP mode and then hanging a million clients off
of it. I'm honestly surprised it didn't fall over sooner.

May I suggest when it comes time to refresh the hardware you guys pick
something with NGFF or mini-pcie slots for ALL radios.