[OpenWrt-Devel] openwrt userspace git repo location

Felix Fietkau nbd at nbd.name
Wed Sep 28 02:46:51 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-28 00:56, Luka Perkov wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>
> it seems there is some divergence from the Git repos hosted on OpenWrt
> site and on LEDE:
>
> http://git.openwrt.org/?p=project/ubus.git;a=summary
> https://git.lede-project.org/?p=project/ubus.git;a=summary
>
> Do you know why is that?
I don't see the divergence there. Care to explain what you mean?

> Speaking of this topic I'd like to propose that we host these repos in a
> single location on GitHub under the OpenWrt project here:
>
> https://github.com/openwrt
>
> GitHub proved to be convinient in attracting easier collaboration. I'm
> wondering what the community thinks about this proposal. Thoughts?
For packages that I maintain, I will stick to git.lede-project.org as
the main repo.

I still find github to be rather cumbersome, and we already had to add
automatic mirroring of some github repos to git.lede-project.org,
because github was being unreliable again.

I do see the point in enabling github-style collaboration for the main
repo or for package feeds, but not for things like ubus.

- Felix