[OpenWrt-Devel] LED uci policy for not actively used LEDs

Sven Eckelmann sven.eckelmann at open-mesh.com
Thu Nov 10 10:19:11 EST 2016

Hi,

how should non-actively used LEDs be handled in regards of entries in uci
system.*. I saw some entries in target/linux/ar71xx/base-files/etc/board.d/
01_leds with calls to ucidef_set_led_default with the default parameter set to
0. But not all LEDs have an entry in either 01_leds or diag.sh - not even with
a default setting.

I am now assuming (just for this argument) that the mentioned LEDs with an
explicit "default" value of 0 would be set to off anyway. Thus this entry
would only create an entry in /etc/config/system like

    config led 'led_wlan_red'
            option name 'WLAN LED (red)'
            option sysfs 'om2p:red:wifi'
            option default '0'

My question is now whether having an entry of controllable LEDs of a system in
/etc/config/system is preferred or not.

Kind regards,
	Sven