[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt / LEDE

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Tue May 24 18:18:45 EDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-05-24 at 23:57 +0200, Zoltan HERPAI wrote:
[snip]
> Hi,
> >> I would like to see a reunion of LEDE and OpenWrt, so do any of the non
> >> LEDE but OpenWrt core devs have any problems with the LEDE rules and so on?
> >>
> > This is my personal opinion and this was not somehow internally planned
> > with other LEDE people.
>
> If I start a discussion about my employer-related topics along a beer with
> a couple friends, that's a private discussion with personal opinions. If I
> do it on any public channel, I can be felt to represent my employer on
> that topic. You seem to be representing LEDE.

That's the kind of bollock that damages the ability of employees to have
a right to free speech which disagrees with (or is at least
independently developed of) their employers views.

As long it as someone makes it clear when they are speaking for
themselves and not as a representative of the group, it should be
accepted on that basis, unless if there is a reason to believe otherwise
*other than* just that the person happens to be a member of some group.

It's kind of like saying a black who says he or she speaking for himself
speaks for all blacks, just because it's known he or she is black and he
speaks on a public channel.

It's bollocks.  People are indivduals and have a right be such, and to
have, and be seen to have, views independent of the various groups the
are members of.

I certainly don't speak for all white male IT professionals from North
America.

Regards,

Daniel