[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt / LEDE

Roman Yeryomin leroi.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:23:41 EDT 2016

On 24 May 2016 at 23:31, Hauke Mehrtens <hauke at hauke-m.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As it looks like the IRC meeting will not happen, because not so big
> interest by the people not already involved in LEDE and problems finding
> a time, lets discuss on the mailing list like suggested by Jow.
>
> Currently it looks like only Luka is working on OpenWrt as he committed
> many patches from LEDE to OpenWrt, which is fine.
>
> What will happen to the OpenWrt project? To me it looks like nobody
> except Luka is interested in working on OpenWrt. Are there any plans to
> continue the OpenWrt project or will it just die, only nobody wants to
> say it?
> Currently this is a bad situation for people that want to contribute
> patches because they do not exactly know were to contribute, some post
> them just to both list which is probably the best solution for the time
> we do not have a real solution.
>
> I do not plan to contribute much to OpenWrt any more and I do not know
> if I can commit anything any more, at least it looks like I was kicked
> from the openwrt-hackers mailing list without informing me.

I believe LEDE didn't plan to contribute to OpenWrt from the very beginning.
LEDE words are pretty contrary to the works.

> I would like to see a reunion of LEDE and OpenWrt, so do any of the non
> LEDE but OpenWrt core devs have any problems with the LEDE rules and so on?

How many devs do you think it's possible to attract to OpenWrt having
the promotion LEDE does and remembering the fact that most active devs
went to LEDE?
Same rules could be applied inside OpenWrt as I see it.

Regards,
Roman