[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt / LEDE

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Tue May 24 16:31:00 EDT 2016

Hi,

As it looks like the IRC meeting will not happen, because not so big
interest by the people not already involved in LEDE and problems finding
a time, lets discuss on the mailing list like suggested by Jow.

Currently it looks like only Luka is working on OpenWrt as he committed
many patches from LEDE to OpenWrt, which is fine.

What will happen to the OpenWrt project? To me it looks like nobody
except Luka is interested in working on OpenWrt. Are there any plans to
continue the OpenWrt project or will it just die, only nobody wants to
say it?
Currently this is a bad situation for people that want to contribute
patches because they do not exactly know were to contribute, some post
them just to both list which is probably the best solution for the time
we do not have a real solution.

I do not plan to contribute much to OpenWrt any more and I do not know
if I can commit anything any more, at least it looks like I was kicked
from the openwrt-hackers mailing list without informing me.

I would like to see a reunion of LEDE and OpenWrt, so do any of the non
LEDE but OpenWrt core devs have any problems with the LEDE rules and so on?

Hauke