[OpenWrt-Devel] Add support for AVM Fritzbox 7360 SL

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Sun May 8 12:40:18 EDT 2016

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Sebastian Ortwein <kron at animeland.de> wrote:
>                         compatible = "lantiq,phy11g",
> "ethernet-phy-ieee802.3-c22";
>                 };
>                 phy13: ethernet-phy at 13 {
>                         reg = <0x13>;
>                         compatible = "lantiq,phy11g",
> "ethernet-phy-ieee802.3-c22";
>                 };
I think you have to name the property "reset-gpios", but apart from
that it looks good.

>> I cannot see any ath9k messages in your kernel log - are you sure it's
>> being installed (/lib/modules/*/ath9k.ko)?
>> Your first patch lists kmod-ath9k, but if you added that after you
>> generated your .config then you're probably still missing it.
>> Please check "grep kmod-ath9k .config" and enable (set it to
>> =y/built-in) it if it's missing.
>
> I have not disable the ath9k driver. it is present and loaded.
I think I see the problem after looking at your .dts again:
you *must* specify the ath,pci-slot property, otherwise the fixup is
not executed.
It seems that the wifi part is similar to the TD-W8980 (AR9287 behind
the PCIe-to-PCI bridge), so "0" should be the right value.
(otherwise it's pretty easy to find out by looking at sysfs:
/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000\:00\:0e.0/ -> that's where the ath9k device
on HH5A can be found, there we use ath,pci-slot = <0xe>;)

Martin

[0] https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/target/linux/lantiq/patches-4.4/0035-owrt-lantiq-wifi-and-ethernet-eeprom-handling.patch#L178