[OpenWrt-Devel] A request for more clarity on the fork

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Thu May 5 23:28:52 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I know other community members of complained about the lack of
information about the reasons for the fork (they and I don't think
LEDE's official announcement really provides enough information to
really understand the situation) and I especially do badly in a vacuum -
I tend to strain to find answers and don't necessarily come up with the
right one(s) (that was also why I had such an amount of trouble with
patches not getting a response, previously).

In any event a great many of us would like to have a clearer picture of
what lead up to the split, and more complete reasoning for why the
problems couldn't be resolved within the current openwrt structure.

I've had guesses but now I'm second guessing my guesses, and really it
shouldn't be a guessing game, particularly since both sides claim to be
interested in transparency and the best interests of the community.

C'mon, can we have more than political statements, please?

Regards,

Daniel