[OpenWrt-Devel] Request for Feedback - prplwrt Software Support Program - initial draft

Eric Schultz eschultz at prplfoundation.org
Thu Mar 3 16:07:22 EST 2016

As discussed in prplwrt meetings, prpl is interested in funding development
work on OpenWrt. In order to make this as fair as possible, I'm proposing a
process which I'm tentatively calling the prplwrt Software Support Program
(PSSP)

PSSP will fund innovative OpenWrt development work that is responsive to
the needs of the OpenWrt community and industry. To make sure the process
benefits the community as much as possible, I'm asking for your feedback.
Please look through the document I've linked below and provide feedback,
either as comments on the document or as a reply to this message.

As a quick summary, the process would go as follows:

* prpl and its members, as funders, would set initial themes that all
projects would be expected to fit into.
* the community, prpl members, and others would submit and comment on ideas
for projects that fit those themes
* potential implementers would then submit proposals for implementations,
including a budget, timeline and general plan for implementation
* an OpenWrt community committee, the prpl TSC and prpl Board would
finalize which implementations are selected and funded.

More details are in the linked document. I want to make sure everyone in
the OpenWrt community has had a chance to provide their thoughts on the
program so please provide your feedback as soon as possible and no later
than March 17.

Thanks,

Eric

PSSP proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b5LwqNPUasSafP-3NLwnV7rXRRUPDfj5yrU772dkpoc/edit?usp=sharing

--
Eric Schultz, Community Manager, prpl Foundation
http://www.prplfoundation.org
eschultz at prplfoundation.org
cell: 920-539-0404
skype: ericschultzwi