[OpenWrt-Devel] current state of kirkwood target in trunk?

Alexander Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Tue Mar 1 11:57:20 EST 2016

On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 22:57:46 +0100
Martin Mueller <mm at sig21.net> wrote:

> So my question is, what is the supposed way to get openwrt on the
> goflex? In case the ubifs is correct, in which direction do I need to
> search to get it running.

Hi,

I got similiar problems and migrated the dockstar to ubi(kernel,squashfs,ubifs).
It boots on my dockstar with a fresh compiled and flashed first stage bootloader.

Is there a better solution than installing the factory image through an initramfs?

tftpboot 0x80000000 openwrt-kirkwood-dockstar-initramfs-kernel.bin
bootz 0x80000000

# if ubidriver already found an ubi, detach first
ubidetach -p /dev/mtd3
# format it
ubiformat -f /tmp/openwrt-kirkwood-dockstar-squashfs-factory.bin /dev/mtd3

The goflex is coming next.
Sending the patch series for the dockstar later.

Best,
lynxis
--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
mobile: +4915123277221
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604